As the world’s resources become more complex and degraded, it’s more important than ever to ensure mineral processing is as efficient and cost-effective as it can be.
Glencore Technology has evolved technologies and processes to take specific parts of a flowsheet and make them deliver greater returns.
In this short course, Glenn Stieper takes you through an overview of the challenge, two critical technologies in Milling and Flotation, and the evolution of concentrators. Along the way, Glenn outlines specific examples of how operations in base and precious metals have increased concentrate grades, recoveries and the efficiencies of each major step.
He also introduces how new concentrators will need to evolve and how Glencore Technology offers an example of this new and emerging trend.
This short course is of significant value to staff, technical, management, investors and operations in base and precious metal applications, who are interested in flowsheet improvements in the real world.
- Overview of Jameson Cell and efficient flotation.
- Overview of IsaMill™ and efficient milling.
Evolution of Concentrator
- Degrading ores vs Efficiency trends.
Jameson Cell Fundamentals
- How the Jameson Cell Works.
- The factors that influence how it operates.
Jameson Cell in Practice
- Pursuing a small footprint.
- Opex and Capex considerations.
- Recent examples.
Testwork and Scale-up
- How scale up works.
- What can we do to simulate a Jameson Cell.
Flowsheet and Design Considerations
- Understanding the carrying capacity limitations of the design.
- The benefits of the cleaner circuit layout.
- How the roughers and scavengers are configured for a full scale installation.
IsaMill ™ Fundamentals
- How the IsaMill™ works
- Factors that influence how it efficiently operates.
- Different checks that can be conducted to maximise the life of the internal components.
IsaMill™ in Practice
- Why the default preference is to design the IsaMill™ in an open circuit. Why particular
- component materials are selected for use in the IsaMill™. Energy efficiency opportunities
- Design optimization.
Testwork and Scale-up
- What the impact is of sample size on the test.
- Media selection and the importance of 1:1 scale up.
Degrading Ore vs Efficiency trends
- The importance of solving this.
Evolving a Concentrator
- Attributes of future concentrators.
- Optimising CAPEX and OPEX.
Glenn Stieper is the manager for the mineral processing team at Glencore Technology. Glenn has over 20 years working in engineering projects and design, laboratory testing and operations across most commodities. Glenn holds an Executive MBA and Postgraduate certificate in Extractive Metallurgy.
PRIVACY COLLECTION NOTICE